The arrival of the COVID-19 virus is teaching us all what a pandemic demands of us. As every person, family, company, school and community navigates new realities each day, one thing remains certain: the world keeps moving.
COVID-19 & the Supply Chain
Throughout the past few weeks, and especially in recent days, the news about COVID-19 has increasingly occupied our thoughts and energy. The surge in cases across the world and in Minnesota have made us all think ever more of each other’s needs.
These uncertain times require us to maintain focus on the unshakeable truths of who we are and what we do. At the forefront of our decision-making is our commitment to the wellbeing of our staff, our clients and the communities we serve.
While Ascent Specialized remains fully operational, the pace of the pandemic in the U.S. continues to grow and it is imperative we promptly and accurately implement best practices to:
- Protect employees, carriers, customers and the community at large.
- Implement tools, resources and support necessary to ensure that we continue safe operations for as long as possible.
- Implement telework for employees and ensure they have the support needed to keep their families safe and healthy.
- Support social distancing between individuals.
- Ensure the safety and security of our infrastructure, systemwide.
We will continue to monitor and respond to the needs of our staff, carriers and clients as top priority. These uncertain times present unique intricacies in the transportation industry. We are not immune to daily questions and new problems to solve as the crisis continues to unfold and require reaction.
“While cargo volumes are important, the coronavirus is first and foremost a public health crisis that needs to be brought under control with the collaboration of governments and medical experts from around the world.”
We remain driven by our commitment to people and service. Indeed, this is what allows us to do our part to keep the world moving.